Paint the Town
Paint the Town is a community-wide service project and one of DASH for LaGrange’s annual events that will take place September 19, 2020. Volunteers will paint the exterior of homes for our deserving seniors 55 +, veterans and disabled neighbors that have difficulty maintaining their homes due to physical and financial constraints. A newly painted home enables them to remain in their homes longer and revitalizes the neighborhoods in which they live. Qualified homeowners are encouraged to apply.
Each year, volunteers donate their time and resources to paint and fix up homes for those who are unable to do it themselves. Running for 15 years, the Paint the Town volunteer event impacts the entire community by restoring neighborhood pride, increasing property values, and bringing community members together to help each other. For the latest details about this year’s upcoming event, contact DASH at 706-298-0221 or email Gina Snider, Marketing and Community Outreach manager.
When: September 19, 2020
Where: Homeowners will be chosen from applications received from the seven target neighborhoods. These neighborhoods are, Calumet Park, Hillside, Freeman Hill, Bell line, Revis, Thomas Town, and Dunson/Dixie
We Need Your Support!
- Become a Sponsor in support of Paint the Town.
- Create a Volunteer Team of at least 10 people to prep and paint the home from start to finish. To apply, complete and return the Team Application.
- Make a Contribution to support Paint the Town. Funds are needed to purchase paint, construction supplies, water, ice, lunches, t-shirts and port-a-johns for our teams. Donate Online.
- Nominate a Homeowner in this year’s target location who is a deserving senior 55 +, veteran, or disabled neighbor who is unable to afford to paint their home. You can also fill out the form as a homeowner yourself Homeowner Application 2020.
- All Volunteers must fill out the Volunteer Application. If you don’t have a team, we will find you one.
2020 Teams and Sponsors:
In partnership with volunteer teams, DASH painted 2 houses in 2020. The teams and sponsors listed below were an integral part of making that happen.
Matt Orr State Farm
( Companies include Chickfila, Beacon Brewery, First Baptist on the Square, City Light Church, American Home Shield, Purelife Studio LaGrange, Synovus Bank and Matt Orr State Farm)